QPS continues to rely on the CDC and WHO, government health authorities, for guidance and resources to drive our decisions around employment and business practices to ensure the safety of our employees and our customers. QPS has designated a Response Team who is communicating daily to address the rapid changes so that we may respond quickly, efficiently, and with care for people and our community. We recognize the important role both our customers and we have to keep the supply chain functional and support our economy. We are here for you!
While this communication attempts to address many of the issues we’re dealing with regarding the COVID-19 virus, this is a rapidly changing situation and we are working to stay on top of the developments. Our communications began on March 4, 2020, and have been ongoing since. Our focus is to protect our employees, customers, and the community, while mitigating the risk of spreading this virus and doing so in a way that also maintains business operations. We understand concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19) are top of mind, and we want to share information about how we are responding.
We are empathetic to the disruptions COVID-19 has caused daily lives and are providing as much flexibility as possible to balance the well-being of our QPS Family with the business needs of our extended family, our customer. It is our intention to continue to provide outstanding service by applying these steps for operating our business at this time.
Our guiding principles during this event:
- Our decisions will reflect family spirit – go above and beyond for each other like a family, trust each other
- If an Associate Employee or Internal Employee are quarantined or become ill, it’s our moment to demonstrate high touch
- Innovation – we’ll be open to doing things differently and taking risks, like working remotely
- Collaboration – we will listen to the employee and customer voice as we make decisions
Commitment to our Customer:
We will maintain open and free flowing communication with our customers regarding practices, confirmed cases of COVID-19 (maintaining the confidentiality of employee names), and other information that supports our combined efforts to slow the spread of the virus and keep our workforces safe. We sincerely hope you find these communications comforting and helpful as we pull together as a community to work through this situation. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly. We are here to support you!
Coronavirus - Navigating Best Employment Practices
QPS held a webinar on March 17, 2020 led by our President and Chief Operating Officer, Ryan Festerling, on what we are hearing from customers and what plans we have put into action to stay ahead of this crisis.
Watch the webinar here.
Internal QPS Employees:
- Social distancing is being practiced in all locations, maintaining a 6 foot distance from each other, while limiting interactions
- We implemented staggered teams by allowing half of our team to work-from-home; this means half the team works from home while the other half works in the branch, rotating every 3 weeks, to promote health and stay open to serve our customers
- Handwashing practices as defined by the CDC are being posted and practiced
- Employees who are unable to report to work due to childcare issues and/or family/personal illness should contact their manager with as much notice as possible, if paid time off is available it will be approved
- Should an internal employee or associate employee report a positive result for COVID-19, the location shall be closed, employees sent home and the building shall be disinfected prior to anyone returning. Re-opening will follow CDC guidelines. HR will be the main point-of-contact providing high touch communication and support through the situation
- Should an internal employee or associate employee report they have been in close proximity of someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, we will perform a risk assessment to determine if they may continue working.
- Virtual meetings have replaced in person meetings
- Non-essential travel has been restricted
- A centralized location for all communications and resources has been made available on our internal website
- We are flexing our policies to allow for the necessary care for our people’s health (and their family needs) by offering virtual work/work-from-home. This will allow us to create the balance we need between employee and business needs
- Adequate cleaning supplies are available in each location. We will contract with professional cleaning services where necessary, including locations where there is a positive test result
- All vacations must be reported to HR and will be assessed to provide guidance for return to work measures
Instructions for Associate Employees working for Customers:
Limit contact with others and stay vigilant in practicing good hygiene to stop the spread of germs. These include:
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care (make sure to call medical providers in advance of visiting so they can prepare to help you)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
Report to QPS HR if you have symptoms of COVID-19 which include:
- Shortness of Breath
- If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
The links below will take you directly to each state's website with resources to navigate the new COVID-19 unemployment regulations.
The CDC has compiled a variety of resources to assist you during the Coronavirus pandemic.
COVID-19 Symptom Checker
Prevent Getting Sick
Cleaning Your Home
If You or Someone at Home is Sick
Here are a variety of resources and tools to help you navigate any Coronavirus situations you are currently facing or may encounter in the future.
COVID-19 Business Continuity Considerations
Branch Cleaning Protocols
Coronavirus Exposure Protocol
Manager's Guide for Work At Home Teams
COVID-19 Action Plan Poster - 24" x 36"
What You Need to Know About Coronavirus - Teladoc
Coronavirus FAQ - Teladoc
Surviving a Volatile Stock Market
Here are the online resources we are using to both track information and guide our future steps.
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
World health Organization Case Tracker: https://covid19.who.int/
Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
John Hopkins Tracker: https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/publichealth/84698
Healthdata.org Projections: http://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
Medical College of Wisconsin: https://covid19.mcw.edu/